Monday, March 5, 2012

The Morning

Good day, sweeties!

As long as I can remember, I've never liked plain, white walls.  Anywhere.

Upon moving to Ohio about 4-5 months ago, I moved into a larger bedroom (with off-gray, white-ish colored walls).  I had a similar sized room when I was living in our Arkansas dream house about 3 years ago.  Both of my AR and CO rooms had the same colored walls called Lime Lollipop by Behr.  AMAZING color.  It was almost too lime-y looking on the paint chip, BUT looked amazing on the wall so I had to use it again on my CO room.  I decided to leave the gray/white color in my OH room just to try it out because it matched with my IKEA white curtains and my IKEA white and gray duvet...but of course I got bored with it and went on a search for wall color candidates.

You know how they say love happens when you least expect it?  Yes.  I was standing in ULTA looking at nail polish and it happened.  I fell in love with a shade of green called Trendsetter by China Glaze.  I had to have it.  The weird part, however, was that it was the most god-awful shade of baby-poop green to everyone else, but to me, it was like staring at pure inspiration.  I bought the nail polish and later in the week used it on my nails.  It turned out to be sooo beautiful and eye-catching.  So eye-catching, in fact, that while ringing people up at work and giving back change & receipt, they would comment on my nails.  "Wow!  Nice nails."  "What a color!"  "I LOVE your nails!"  "What do you call that color?  Avocado?"  I got at least 15 different comments and compliments.  This made me love the color even more.  I thought.  What else can I do with this color?  OMG!  WALLS.

I went to Home Depot and found two shades similar to Trendsetter, and bought two $3 samples to try out on my wall.  LOVED them!  My aunties however, did not.  But I wasn't giving up.  I am dead-set on making this oddball color work!  The day before yesterday, my Aunt Chrissy and I went to Lowe's to look at possible kitchen colors.  I gathered up about 18 other chips both in yellows and greens.  I can't wait to see whats gonna happen to my room!


(1) Gourd by American Tradition (2) Limoncello by Valspar (3) Olive Grove by Valspar (4) Apple 3 by Valspar (5) Bee's Wax by Valspar (6) Palm by Valspar (7) Spritz of Lime by Valspar (8) Olive by Valspar (9) Gentle Pasture by Valspar (10) Prairie Brush by Valspar (11) Jungle Thicket by Valspar (12) Spanish Green by Valspar (13) Daffodil by Valspar (14) Garden Sprout by Behr (15) Feather Gold by Behr (16) California Dreaming by Behr (17) Leapfrog by Behr (18)Wild Grass by Behr (19) Dog Park by Valspar (20) Olive Tree by Valspar

My favorite out of all of these...#14, Garden Sprout.  Opinions?  =)

My paint samples.  left to right: Garden Sprout and Wild Grass


Arkansas room!
Long story short, I'M REDOING MY ROOM!  We'll see what happens!  Keep checking in!

Today's song:  The Morning by The Weekend

Ps...Here's the inspirational nail polish, Trendsetter by China Glaze


XO, AJ


No comments:

Post a Comment