Sunday, March 25, 2012

Glad You Came

Well hello!

It's been a little bit and there are reasons for that.  Reason #1: work. Reason #2: lazy. Reason #3: lack of inspiration.  But now I'm back and ready to share my projects with you!  Yay!

About a month ago, I became obsessed with terrariums.  I always saw them on craftgawker, but didn't seem to interest me enough.  THEN, I visited a young lady's blog from the Columbus vicinity, which I met at an alternative craft show downtown in Decmeber '11.  She and her husband had gone to a terrarium making class at a flower shop.  She posted pictures of her terrarium with a cute, mini, porcelain polar bear figurine placed in the center of the greenery.  I think they even named it "terrarium polarium!"  I LOVED it.  It was so simple and beautiful in a round glass bowl.  I was dead set on adding these earthy creations to my list of must-do projects!

My aunts just recently went on vacation to Asheville, North Carolina, and I couldn't believe it, but they brought me back moss and a few pretty rocks for my to-be terrarium!  They went out and dug it all up with a spoon!  I really couldn't believe it!  It was one of the best surprises...the kind you would never expect! They also brought me back a mini terrarium from a stand full of terrariums made by a young couple.  SO!  With all of this being said, I'm makin' me a terrarium tomorrow after I purchase a few necessities needed.  Look out for my next post to see how everything turns out!

Mini terrarium from stand in Asheville, NC

Asheville, NC moss & rocks dug up by my Aunties, given to me!





Today's song:  Glad You Came by The Wanted


XO, AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment